Transport & Accommodation
- Flights from airports in New York to Dublin & return
- 6 nights’ accommodation in Dublin
- 1 night accommodation in Athlone
- Daily breakfast served each day at hotels
- 1 evening meal at hotel in Athlone
- Private luxury air-conditioned coach throughout the itinerary
- Full assistance of Joe Walsh Tours guides & representatives throughout the pilgrimage
Tours & Excursions
- Full religious programme organised by Joe Walsh Tours and led by Spiritual Director
- Official registration package for events relating to the World Meeting of Families
- Panoramic sightseeing tour of Dublin taking in its highlights
- Full day tour of the Wicklow Mountains visiting the Glendalough Monastic Site
- Full day excursion taking in Clonmacnoise Monastery and Cliffs of Moher
- Guided walking tour of Dublin’s historical centre
- DAY 1:
Departure from New York to Ireland
- DAY 2:
Cead Mile Failte “Welcome to Ireland”. This morning you will arrive into Dublin airport where you will be met by your driver and guide and escorted to your coach. You will depart for Dublin City to assist to the World Meeting of Families. The World Meeting of Families will take place in Dublin from the 21-26 August 2018. It brings together families from across the world to celebrate, pray and reflect upon the importance of marriage and the family as the cornerstone of our lives, of society and of the Church. Dublin has been chosen by Pope Francis to host the next WMOF guided by the theme “The Gospel of the Family: Joy for the World”. Arrive in Dublin Hotel for overnight and breakfast.
- DAY 3:
Transfer to the WMOF event. Return to Dublin Hotel for overnight and breakfast
- DAY 4:
This morning we will depart to Glendalough, the setting of some of Ireland’s most important monastic settlement. Glendalough is a remarkable place that will still your mind, inspire your heart and fill your soul. A short walk will bring you to St. Kevin’s Monastic City where you will visit St. Kevin’s Church and celebrate mass there. We will then continue to Avoca handweavers, now mostly known simply as Avoca, is the oldest working woollen mill in Ireland and one of the world's oldest manufacturing companies. Return to Dublin Hotel for overnight and breakfast.
- DAY 5:
We will depart early this morning to visit the Cliffs of Moher. The cliffs rise 120 metres (390 ft) above the Atlantic Ocean at Hag's Head, and, eight kilometres to the north, reach their maximum height of 214 metres (702 ft) just north of O'Brien's Tower, which is a round stone tower near the midpoint of the cliffs that was built in 1835 by Sir Cornelius O'Brien. On a clear day the Aran Islands, Galway Bay, the Twelve Pins and the Maum Turk mountains in Connemara as well as the Dingle Peninsula and Blasket Islands in Kerry, are all in view. Return to Dublin Hotel for overnight and breakfast.
- DAY 6:
Transfer to the WMOF event Evening Celebrations. Return to Dublin Hotel for overnight and breakfast.
- DAY 7:
The World Meeting of Families concludes with a Solemn Eucharistic Celebration. The Mass will mark the conclusion of the World Meeting of Families 2018 in Dublin. Subject to confirmation, the main celebrant for the Final Mass will be Pope Francis should he be able to attend WMOF2018. The Holy Father has said that it is his intention to come to Ireland for WMOF2018, but this is still to be confirmed by the Holy See. Return to Dublin Hotel for overnight and breakfast.
- DAY 8:
Early departure for Knock via Clonmacnoise Founded by St Ciaran in the mid-6th century, Clonmacnoise became a great centre of religion and learning, visited by scholars from all over the world. Many historical manuscripts, including the 11th century Annals of Tighernach and the 12th century Book of the Dun Cow, were written here. Knock Shrine one of the world's leading Marian shrines and an important place of pilgrimage for Irish people for over 100 years. On 21st August 1879, at about 8 o'clock, fifteen people; women, men and children, witnessed an Apparition. In 1979 Pope John Paul II visited Knock Shrine. The traditional stations performed by pilgrims visiting Knock Shrine include Mass in the Basilica, a visit to the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, the Stations of the Cross, the Fifteen Mysteries of the Rosary, Joyful, Sorrowful and Glorious, Litany of the Blessed Virgin followed by the Prayer to Our Lady of Knock. Return to Dublin Hotel for overnight and breakfast.
- DAY 9:
Departure for Dublin Airport to New York.
- Single supplement applies ($115 per night per hotel)
- A deposit of $500 will secure you place
- Taxes, charges and government levies are included in the price
- Passengers are entitled to check in one standard piece of luggage subject to airline’s conditions
- Price per person sharing twin/double rooms with private facilities
- Meals where not stated are not included in the price
- Itinerary may be subject to change; E&OE
- All bookings protected by the Commission for Aviation Regulation in Ireland (T.O. 052 | T.A. 0689) and the Civil Aviation Authority in the UK (ATOL 5163)